Monday 30 May 2011

Update and new blog



Owing to the vagaries of Google, I have had to start yet another blog, after tearing my hair out for several days and going round in cicles as I could not sign in. I won't go into the details but Google - sucks!

Anyway. last week I finally drafted a corset for the 1827 dress, based on a tiny drawing in Workwoman's Guide, various patterns in Cut of Women's Clothes, and photos of extant garments that various people sent me, together with stuff I found on line. And then today, on E-Bay there turned up a charming but unboned set of stays with embroidery all over, which I might also incorporate.


The dress is based on these two in "Costume in Detail", but not exactly like either - the finished dress will incorporate what the lady wants as she is a violinist and may need cerain modifications.

I also found this similar dress.



I also cut out patterns for drawers and shift, (from Hunnisett, via Workwoman's Guide) and today I need to check my pattern for the man's coat and a draft a pattern for a pair of "trowers", which are gathered and quite full at the waist. That will come from a couple of books - "Cut of Men's Clothes" and a book of Regency patterns the name of which I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment