Friday 17 June 2011

Caps and corsets

I made up, mostly by hand, the 18th century cap in a firm linen, and only have to add some lace. I realised , once I'd finished, that I had reversed the curve on the "ear flaps" but it looks fine - just need to alter the pattern so as not to do it again.

I undid the sleeves on the shift, plus the gussets and will replace them tomorrow - I think I know what I did wrong, and if not I can fudge it. I also made the alterations on the corset and cut that out in drill - I need to cut a couple of backs so I can make it up with the lacing holes for the fitting. I also made the bold decision to add gussets - I hate gussets - but I think it will make all the difference. Lots of putting bits together tomorrow and doing a bit to the gentleman, so I am ready for the fittings on Monday. I seem to have lost more than the week I spent in Manchester!

No comments:

Post a Comment