Tuesday 14 June 2011

Real sewing today!

Today I actually picked up a needle! I moved the bar on my green matka skirt, stitched the zip up a cit as it was rather long, and stitched an inexplicable gap in a seam where I must have had a thread break or something, and not noticed.

Then I took the padding out of a pretty grey bra - my size doesn't take kindly to padding! However, I ended up with bifurcated boobs as the seam lines ran straight across them, and no amount of tweaking could improve the shape, so that went in the bin (a cheap buy from E bay.)

I then carefully darned one underarm sleeve of my lilac shirt - I have exactly the same linen, so was able to reinforce it underneath too. I plan to make a pair of trousers, or a skirt, or both, to match. (The sleeve rubs on the velcro'd crossover strap of my back pack - I need to find a way of covering that.)

And finally, I started the fine hem on the front edge of the 1750's cap I am making for the Mary Blandy outfit.



Then I went to a free "The Sisteen" concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment