Friday 3 June 2011

A quiet "me" day

After having  a couple of injections in preparation for our autumn cruise to the Eastern End of the Mediterranean, I looked at every stall down my local market to try and find a black leather shoulder bag like the one I broke an important zip on. I can't mend the zip, unfortunately. None of the stalls had medium size bags - useless tiny ones, yes, and huge ugly and equally useless ones, also yes. None of the shops locally had any, nor did the myriad of charity shops. (I saw one at the weekend where my DS and DIL live, but thought £22.00 was too much - now I regret not getting it.)

After all that activity I didn't feel like doing much, so I put bands of towelling in two of my straw hats. I lost yesterday's hat to a swift gust of wind, and was most grateful to the young man who snagged it for me! Since I bought the hat, I am wearing my hair much shorter, so it came off easily, and another was just a little too big. So I made hat bands of towelling and sewed them to the existing headbands. Hopefully they won't go flying off again, and the towelling will absorb sweat - oh yeah, a lady doesn't sweat - she glows. Well, it'll absorb the glow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment