Saturday 25 June 2011

Slow progress this week

I finished the shift with some narrow broderie anglais trim, after fighting to make it look neat. I was determined to hide the edge, so I used bias binding to put on the broderie anglais. (Found out it was 1/4" off, so had to be unpicked and redone.)

There has to be an easier way to do tucks though. I am putting tucks on the petticoat, instead of cording and it is taking for ever. I hoped I'd got some more wide broderie anglais to trim the petticoat, but the piece isn't quite long enough. I have some narrower, gathered on an insertion heading, which might work.

I'm having a slow week, as I am putting off finishing the corset - the alterations worked, so I really have no excuse. I have to decide how to the boning/stiffening. Then I have the dress to do and the cap.

I have been discussing 18th century fabrics with a friend/colleague who is planning a dress. I love this blue from William Booth Draper, very similar to the dress in the Kyoto collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment